Kathleen A. Piperno, Esquire
Kathleen Piperno is a Partner with Raffaele Puppio. She practices exclusively in Family Law including child support, custody, divorce, equitable distribution, protection from abuse, termination of parental rights and adoption. A family law attorney in Delaware County, Kathy believes that what differentiates the Raffaele Puppio attorneys is they provide competent legal advice with consideration of the emotional and financial needs of each client.
Kathy is a member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association and Delaware County Bar Association. She was the 2012 Chairperson of the Family Law Section of the Delaware County Bar Association and has been the Social Committee Chairperson for the Family Law Section of the Delaware County Bar Association each year since 2007. She has been appointed as a Special Master in Divorce for the Delaware County Court of Common Pleas from 2010 through the present and a Court Appointed Child Advocate since 2012. Previously, she was a Court Appointed Attorney for parents involved in dependency actions through Children and Youth Services of Delaware County through 2006.
Since 2007, Kathy has been an Adjunct Professor at The Legal Institute for Paralegal Studies at Widener University School of Law where she teaches a Family Law course and a Violence and the Law course. She has received recognition for her outstanding service to the Delaware County Bar including receiving the Delaware County Twenty-Ninth Annual Victim’s Rights Week Award in 2010, Law Day Special Recognition Award in 2011, and Family Law Chairperson Recognition Award in 2012.
Kathy has been a member of the Board of Directors of the Domestic Abuse Project (“DAP”) since 2010. She is involved in community service organizing and hosting charity events for DAP and the Family Law Section of the Delaware County Bar Association raising funds for DAP, The Legal Aid Society and The Linda Creed Breast Cancer Foundation. She has also participated in Adopt-A-Family since 2002 for the benefit of Bikers Against Child Abuse, DAP and Court Appointed Special Advocates.
Kathy received a Bachelor of Arts in Business and Humanities from Golden Gate University in 1991 and her Juris Doctorate from Widener University School of Law in 1996. While attending Widener, she was selected as a member of The Moot Court Honor Society in May of 1995 for her excellence in appellate advocacy and was named President of The Justinian Society in 1996.
Kathy lives in Garnet Valley with her husband and son.
- Widener University School of Law, J.D. 1996
- Golden Gate University, B.A. 1991
- Raffaele Puppio (2002 – Present)
- Law Office of Kathleen Piperno (1999 – 2002)
- Office of the Public Defender, Delaware County (1999 – 2000)
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Supreme Court of New Jersey
Professional Associations & Memberships:
- Delaware County Bar Association, Board of Directors (2014), Family Law Section, Chair (2012)
- Domestic Abuse Project of Delaware County (2010 – Present)
- National Association of Professional Women (2013 – Present)
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- The Justinian Society
Honors & Activities:
- Appreciation Award for Service as the 2012 Family Law Section Chairperson
- Delaware County Twenty-Ninth Annual Victims’ Rights Week Award
- Law Day Special Recognition Award-Outstanding Service to the Legal Community
- Nana’s Attic Thrift Store Volunteer
- Adopt-A-Family Domestic Abuse Project (2009 – Present)
- Domestic Abuse Project Fashion Show “Prom Sunday” Host (2011 – Present)
- Special Master in Divorce, Delaware County Court of Common Pleas (2007 – Present)
- Court Appointed Child Advocate, Delaware County Court of Common Pleas (2012)
- Court Appointed Guardian Ad Litem (2013)
- Arbitrator, Delaware County Court of Common Pleas (2000 – Present)
- Suburban Life Magazine 'Top Attorneys' (2017)
- Cyber Bullying, Bethel Springs Elementary School 2011
In her spare time, Kathy enjoys spending time with her family, volunteering, fundraising, and hosting charity events in support of women and children survivors of domestic violence.
Kathleen A. Piperno, Esq. featured in PivotToday for Delaware County Leadership
Kathleen A. Piperno, Esq., a Partner with Raffaele Puppio, shares memories of growing up in Philadelphia, her first job in retail merchandising, and why she choose Widener for law school. Read More...
Raffaele Puppio Partner Kathleen Piperno Featured in Cover Story for The Delco Review
Raffaele Puppio family law attorney and firm partner, Kathleen Piperno, has been featured in a profile of four female leaders in the Delaware County legal community in the Winter issue of the Delaware County Bar Association’s publication, The Delco Review. Read More...
Raffaele Puppio Lawyers Named 'Top Attorneys' for 2017 by Suburban Life Magazine
Experienced Delaware County divorce lawyers named among best in greater Philadelphia area Read More...
Pennsylvania Family Law Attorney to Speak at National Business Institute Seminar
Delaware County family lawyer to present CLE on complex family law issues Read More...
Kathleen M. Piperno Honored
Kathleen M. Piperno, Esq. was recently honored for her service as 2012 Chairperson of the Family Law Section of the Delaware County Bar Association. Read More...