J. Patrick Hickey, Esquire
J. Patrick Hickey is a partner with Raffaele Puppio where he heads the firm’s litigation department. His litigation practice includes personal injury, automobile liability, construction accidents, workers’ compensation, and criminal defense.
A dedicated trial lawyer, Patrick has handled hundreds of cases throughout his career and has served as lead counsel in approximately 50 jury trials. He has also argued numerous times in front of the Pennsylvania Supreme Court, as well as the Pennsylvania Superior Court. Patrick has achieved multi-million dollar recoveries for his clients, and understands the complexities of catastrophic personal injury cases.
Prior to joining Raffaele Puppio, Patrick served as an insurance defense trial lawyer with Jenkins, Wolf, Rubinate & Hasson in Philadelphia. Earlier in his career, he was a law clerk to the Honorable Calvin E. Smith and an Assistant District Attorney in Berks County, Pennsylvania.
Patrick is a member of the Pennsylvania, American and Delaware County Bar Associations and the Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association. He currently serves, and has served for the past five years, as an Adjunct Professor at the Drexel University Thomas R. Kline School of Law, teaching Interviewing, Counseling, and Negotiation. He also participates in the Appellate Moot Court Advocacy Program at Drexel University as a judge each year to help further the practical education of future trial lawyers.
Patrick graduated from Boston College with a Degree in Economics in 1988 and obtained his Juris Doctorate in 1991 from the Penn State Dickinson School of Law. Patrick is admitted to practice law in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in both State and Federal Courts. He resides in Philadelphia with his wife and their family.
- Dickinson School of Law, J.D. 1991
- Boston College, B.S. and Economics 1988
- Raffaele Puppio (2004 – Present)
- Jenkins, Wolf, Rubinate, Styliades, & Hasson (1996 – 2003)
- Berks County Assistant District Attorney (1993 – 1995)
- United States Supreme Court
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
Professional Associations & Memberships:
- American Bar Association
- Delaware County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association
- Drexel University Thomas R. Kline School of Law, Professionalism and Ethics (Annually)
- Drexel University Thomas R. Kline School of Law, Experiential Learning and the Importance of Co-op (Annually)
In his spare time, Patrick enjoys golf, skiing and spending time with his family at the New Jersey shore.
J. Patrick Hickey, Esq. Speaks at Drexel University’s Kline School of Law
Raffaele Puppio trial attorney presented on professionalism and ethics to future law students Read More...