Nicholas M. Orloff, Esquire
Nicholas M. Orloff, Esquire has been an Associate with Raffaele Puppio since 2012. Nick’s practice focuses in the areas of Estate Planning & Administration, Elder Law and General Litigation. Nick engages in all aspects of estate planning for clients, including drafting Wills, Trusts and Powers of Attorney. He serves as outside legal counsel for various Commonwealth agencies, including the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue and the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services.
Prior to joining Raffaele Puppio, Nick served as an Assistant District Attorney in Delaware County, where he successfully prosecuted hundreds of criminal defendants.
From 2005 to 2010, Nick was an Associate at the Philadelphia law firm of Stradley, Ronon, Stevens & Young, where his practice concentrated on complex litigation and sophisticated business matters.
He received his Bachelors of Arts from Pennsylvania State University in 2002 and received his Juris Doctorate from Widener University School of Law in 2005 graduating summa cum laude and was Valedictorian of his graduating class. While at Widener, Nick was a member of Widener’s prestigious Delaware Journal of Corporate Law.
Nick is a lifelong resident of Springfield, Delaware County, where he resides with his wife and four children.
- Widener University School of Law, summa cum laude and valedictorian, J.D. 2005
- Pennsylvania State University, B.A. 2002
- Raffaele Puppio (2012 – Present)
- Delaware County Assistant District Attorney (2010 – 2012)
- Stradley, Ronon, Stevens & Young (2005 – 2010)
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
Professional Associations & Memberships:
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Delaware County Bar Association
- Delaware County Estate Planning Council
- Springfield Township Civil Service Commission
Honors & Activities:
- Delaware Journal of Corporate Law (2003 – 2005)
- Estate Planning for the Sick and Dying Client (2015)
Nicholas Orloff Presents as Part of Estate Planning CLE
Delaware County estate planning attorney to discuss gifting basics at continuing education seminar Read More...
Justices Eye Law Allowing Gun Ordinance Challenges (The Legal Intelligencer)
Nicholas Orloff of Raffaele Puppio was mentioned in The Legal Intelligencer for his role in the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania arguments regarding Pennsylvania Act 192 of 2014. Read More...
From The Blog
You Can Still Use Common Law Marriage to Reduce or Eliminate PA Inheritance TaxJune 29, 2016
Under Pennsylvania Estate Law, anything that you inherit from your non-spouse, significant other after his or her death will be taxed at a rate of 15% by the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue. However, if you can prove that you were the common-law spouse of the deceased, anything that you inherit will be taxed at a... Read More...